Trying to make it simple to add more move into your day.. Here are a few ideas that may make it easy for you!!
1. Getting up from your chair: get up from your chair and do 20 squats at your chair. Simply stand up and sit down, but before you actually put your weight on the chair stop and repeat … 20 is good, 50 is great! You can also lift your butt just off the chair and hold for as long as you can hold yourself off the seat of the chair.
2. When you take a washroom break, instead of walking to the bathroom, lunge to the bathroom. However if you have left it too late, you might just want to lunge back to your chair when you are done! Try skipping.
3. Putting clothes away, instead of packing them all together, to get in more steps, take each item and put it away, and then walk back for the next item.
4. Take a quick break from the computer ~ go outside and do a few laps of the house (including up and down all the stairs once or twice). In an apartment, go up and down the hall several times. Or do alternating quick tap ups on the stair one foot at a time.
5. When hanging washing on the line outside leave the basket of clothes and the pegs in the one place and walk briskly back and forth to them. If you don’t use the clothesline, then make sure that you pick each and every article out of the washer and then put it in the dryer while doing a deep squat as you put each item into the dryer.
6. When you are making your lunch or snack, do some squats or lunges while you wait for the food to heat. Add a walk around the counter or table as you prepare your lunch.
7. Skip, march or run in place as you wait for your water to boil for your tea. Better yet, turn on your favourite music and dance like there is nobody watching. Likely there isn’t so have some fun with it!
8. Take a break and do a plank or some push ups. These can be done against the counter if you aren’t ready to do them on the floor yet. Stay as straight as possible through your hips.
9. Sitting at your chair, sit back and then push your elbows against the back of the chair and hold the muscles tight. You should feel that in your back arms and abdominals.
10. Sitting in your chair, put your hands on your chair and simply lift yourself off the chair with your arms. Keep your feet on the floor, try and take as much weight off your feet as possible though!
What have you tried or used in your day to make a movement more beneficial.. To get more MOVE, burn ( in terms of calories) Strength ( in terms of more muscle) in your day?
It is pretty simple, though it may take a little planning and searching/thinking up ideas.